· To be successful with school and workplace politics: decide after careful consideration who to trust. Then trust with caution and consistently verify.
· Respect all, love all, yet remember trust is earned, not given away to the undeserving.
· Once burned, we learn. If we do not learn, we only assure ourselves that we will be burned again and again and again until …we learn.
· “To err is human” is a common expression, yet we should not believe there is always room for error. In some cases there is no room for error.None.
· When a person exposes their true self to you, embrace the action and treat it as a gift.
· Betrayal is based on intent. A true friend will never betray you; a betrayer can never be a true friend.
· When the relationship/journey is over, it’s over. Look towards the future. A new one will begin.
· Living life can be likened to a marathon. Finish the race; don’t worry about coming in first place. Cross the finish line. Just finish the race. Finish what you start.
· Intimate relationships should be treated like shoes at a department store; they should be placed on and discarded until there is a right fit.
· A wise person learns from his/her mistakes, makes corrections and finds the right path; the foolish one will continue without direction, never finding the road even when it is in front of his/her face.